[Orgmode] Re: skip-entry-if category

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: skip-entry-if category
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 09:47:18 -0400

Hi Memnon

Memnon Anon wrote:
> However, there is one thing I am not able to figure out:
>
> Using skipping, it is easy to limit my daily agenda to certain tags like:
> (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notregexp
> ":STUDIUM:"))))
>
> Is it possible to do the same with Categories?
> I think there must be a way, but all my attempts did not work :(.

I believe this is not possible with the built in org agenda skip
functions, since they search only the text within the subtree and do
not recognize inherited tags and properties.

However, I suspect that one could build a skip function using
org-entry-properties that would accomplish this goal.

Best,
Matt