Small bug in the LaTeX exporter? [was: Re: [Orgmode] I_can_not_understa

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Small bug in the LaTeX exporter? [was: Re: [Orgmode] I_can_not_understand_ +strike-through+]
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 22:31:34 -0400

Trying to answer waterloo's question about strike-through, I tried
LaTeX-exporting the following:

* Emphasis and monospace

  - *bold*

  - /italic/

  - _underlined_

  - =code=

  - ~verbatim~

  - +strike-through+

but the resulting LaTeX file has the wrong markup for strike-through:

,----
| \begin{itemize}
| \item \textbf{bold}
| \item \emph{italic}
| \item \underline{underlined}
| \item \texttt{code}
| \item \texttt{verbatim}
| \item \texttt{strike-through}
| \end{itemize}
`----

The correct markup, according to the TeX FAQ:

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=overstrike,

is obtained using the ulem package:

\usepackage{ulem}

\sout{strike-through}

The change for \sout is trivial (just change
org-export-latex-emphasis-alist), but adding the ulem package
conditionally is perhaps more difficult. Maybe it should be
added unconditionally? AFAIK, there is no mechanism for including
\usepackages conditionally, is there?

Thanks,
Nick