Re: [Orgmode] Is this a good feature to have?

From: Andrew Stribblehill
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Is this a good feature to have?
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 02:34:26 +0100

I simply file with the default template and remove extraneous stuff when refiling.

On Aug 17, 2009 12:27 AM, "Leo" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,

Remember is a convenient tool for collecting tasks. However I always
feel it can be more flexible in someway since I started using it quite a
while ago. So I have the following proposal.

1. Add a key C-c i <char> for each %<char> in the *Remember* buffer. For
  example, `C-c i a' shall toggle the insertion of the annotation.

2. Add a new syntax to %<char> as a placeholder for the corresponding
  C-c i <char>. For example, %<a> can be used in a template to indicate
  the place to insert annotation when pressing `C-c i a'. if no
  placeholder is indicated in the template, then `C-c i a' insert the
  annotation in current place.

This proposal is to eliminate the need to define multiple similar
templates. For example, one with annotation and another without, or one
with clipboard and another without.

What do people think of this?

Best,

Leo

--
Emacs uptime: 6 days, 8 hours, 48 minutes, 55 seconds