[Orgmode] Re: Org suggestion: option which allows moving subtrees freely

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org suggestion: option which allows moving subtrees freely
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:04:50 +0200

PT <address@hidden> writes:

Hi!

>> So it would spare at least an M-left for the user which doesn't seem
>> much, but small things add up in the long run.
>>

> Maybe the M-right part wouldn't be too hard either. If above the moved
> up header (which is now at the same level as its previous parent
> header after an automatic M-left) there is an other header on the same
> level then it could be put under it with an automatic M-right.
>
> It could spare 2 keypresses which would be a real improvement.

I can't see that this would be a big improvement.  If you want to move
the subtree that far away that the number of keystrokes invoced makes a
difference, then probably you should have used refiling in the first
run.

At least I'm one of those that would accidentially destroy the document
structure with such an automatic reparenting. ;-)

Well, as optional feature I don't have an opinion.  But I think you
could add an around advice to `org-metaup' to get that behavior.  Simply
ad-do-it and catch a possible error.  If there was none, you are ok.  If
there was one, you have to call `org-metaleft' followed by `org-metaup'
again.

Bye,
Tassilo