Re: [Orgmode] Fireforg, a Firefox extension for Org mode interaction

From: Daniel Martins
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Fireforg, a Firefox extension for Org mode interaction
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 17:09:35 -0300

The issue on org-agenda-files was solved. It was my mistake, sorry.

The firefox plugin:

(right click on the statusbar entry) : works in a limited sense. It pops up the remember and store-links options but nothing happens when I left-click on both fields.

(left click on the statusbar entry) : does absolutely nothing.

Daniel

2009/8/8 Andreas Burtzlaff <address@hidden>
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 14:19:35 -0300
Daniel Martins <address@hidden> wrote:

> I followed your indications but it did not work properly.
>
> 1. My org-agenda-files became nil I dont know the reason

org-agenda-files is not altered in my code.
I made a small mistake in the original posting and am changing the
installation now anyway, but for the time being:
Do you mean the debug message:
"org-registry-initialize: org-agenda-files = nil"
and did you put the lisp code into .emacs?
In that case make
(org-registry-initialize t)
the very _last_ line in your .emacs .
I'll put a page on Worg soon...
My apologies for the inconvenience.
By the way, these kind of emacs configuration issues are a reason why
packaging is a bit problematic, at least at this stage of development.

> 2. The plugin was properly installed in firefox but it did not talk
> propoerly with emacsclient. Nothing happens on emacs.

What exactly did you try?
Your issue 1. prevents the url lookup to work, so I'd only expect
"store-link" and "remember" to work anyway. (right click on the statusbar entry)

Does org-protocol itself work with the bookmarks described in its
manual?

Generally, error messages in firefox are shown in Tools->Error Console:
Look for errors containing: "chrome://fireforg/" , and send them to me
(privately, not through the list, perhaps).

Thanks for your help and patience in testing

Andreas