Re: [Orgmode] org-id-get-create maybe...

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-id-get-create maybe...
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 01:49:06 +0200

On Aug 5, 2009, at 1:06 AM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

In my org-setup, I want to have something like this:

 (defun sr-org-id-insert-maybe ()
   (if (y-or-n-p "Create a unique ID for this section?")
      (org-id-get-create)))

 (org-insert-heading-hook (quote (sr-org-id-insert-maybe)))

But I don't want to enable it globally. Instead, I want to create IDs
semi-automatic for special files (or projects) only.

How would I do that?

Take a look at

file variables

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/File-Variables.html#File-Variables

and directory variables.

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Directory-Variables.html#Directory-Variables

  And then make your hook dependent on the value of such a variable.

- Carsten

  Sebastian