Re: [Orgmode] Calendar export questions (ical & html)

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Calendar export questions (ical & html)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 15:48:55 +0200

Hi,

maybe someone could turn this information into a tutorial
or a FAQ entry?  I think it would be useful to write it up
and have it somewhere accessible.

- Carsten

On Jul 28, 2009, at 9:30 AM, Richard Riley wrote:

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Michel,

Michel Blanc <address@hidden> writes:

First, I discovered that all the calendar applications I tried do not
show TODO entries (Google Agenda, PHP-iCalndar, Thunderbird, ...)
*inside* the day/week/... view, but in sidebars or so (when the do).
However, I am required to publish my agenda on GoogleAgenda (using "Add by URL"). Is there any way to export TODO entries as VEVENT instead of
VTODO in ical exports, so they get showed in external apps ?

A todo like this

* TODO Do this
 <2009-07-28 mar>

will be exported both as a VTODO and as a VEVENT.

Note that this is not the case for DEADLINE and SCHEDULED, maybe the
code need to be more consistent about this.

Also, the HTML exports for my agenda contains nothing but TODO's,
without any date (see example here
http://leucos.lstilde.org/workcal.html). There are many
SCHEDULED/DEADLINE enabled entries, but nothing is shown besides
hierarchy. I suspect I'm off the mark in some way here...

There are several types of agenda views: the tags and tags-todo types
don't display the dates, but the agenda type does.

Usually, when I need to display the dates in a tags-todo type view, I
just switch on the column view.  But for now there is no way to store
the dates in the HTML output of the tags-todo agenda view, the way to
go is to define an agenda-type view.

Finally, is there a way to customize the agenda name (i.e. X-WR- CALNAME
in the ICS file) ? I export 2 different ics files (the classic
personal/work duo) and I would like to set relevant names for them.

Again, sorry to disappoint but the answer is no -- at least not to my
knowledge.

HTH,

FYI and still half asleep here, I think you can do the name. here is my
ical cust section:

org-combined-agenda-icalendar-file "~/webs/richardriley/sync/ org.ics"
     org-icalendar-include-todo t
     org-icalendar-combined-name (quote "Richard Riley ORG")
org-icalendar-use-scheduled '(todo-due event-if-todo event-if- not-todo) org-icalendar-use-deadline '(todo-due event-if-todo event-if- not-todo)
     org-icalendar-timezone "Europe/Berlin"
     org-icalendar-include-bbdb-anniversaries t
;      org-icalendar-timezone nil
     org-icalendar-store-UID t

hth