[Orgmode] Re: How do you use org for other formats

From: zwz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How do you use org for other formats
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 00:13:14 +0200

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> zwz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I recently found the problem when I want to export the org file to
>> html and pdf. I guess there will be some people (who are also not so
>> familiar with the powerful org-mode) bothered by the same issue, that
>> is, html and pdf requires different org format sometimes.
>>  - I use $ y = x_1^2 + x_2^2 $ in org, it works for pdf, but not for html
>>  - "_" in text will introduce mess in pdf, not in html
>>
>> I definitely want to keep only one org which I can export to other
>> formats correctly. I do not know if it is already implemented in
>> org-mode.
>>
>> I just wondered if it is possible to introduce a abstract level (or
>> notations) so that org can translate it according to the target
>> format, just like how org treat the headlines (*).
>
> The following test file works fine for me as far as I can tell
>
> ,----[ x.org ]
> | #+TITLE:     x.org
> | #+AUTHOR:    Bernt Hansen
> | #+EMAIL:     address@hidden
> | #+DATE:      2009-07-30 Thu
> | #+KEYWORDS:
> | #+LANGUAGE:  en
> | #+INFOJS_OPT: view:nil toc:nil ltoc:t mouse:underline buttons:0
> path:http://orgmode.org/org-info.js
> | #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
> | #+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
> | #+LINK_UP:
> | #+LINK_HOME:
> |
> | * Test
> |
> |   Some math formulae:
> |
> |   y = x_1^2 + x_2^2
> |
> |   y^2 = 2x^2 + 1
> |
> |   z_2 = x_1 + x_2 + 2 (y_1 + y_2 + r)
> `----
>
> This renders HTML (C-c C-e b) [*1*] and PDF (C-c C-e d) [*2*] that look
> fine to me
>
> -Bernt
>
> [*1*]  http://www.norang.ca/tmp/x.html
> [*2*]  http://www.norang.ca/tmp/x.pdf

Wow, so many options I have not used before ...

I copied the text, but the exported HTML and PDF looks the same as the
formula in ORG. Then I found it was because in my .emacs, there is

(setq org-export-with-sub-superscripts nil)

After I comment this, it works.

But in this way, I have to pay special attention to sub- and super-
scripts.