[Orgmode] Re: Vertical split in Emacs 23

From: Paul Mead
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Vertical split in Emacs 23
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:36:51 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Paul Mead <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Having thought about this a bit more, I can see where the new behaviour
>> might be useful, but it just looks a bit ugly in org-mode because (I
>> guess) it's not been written to deal with narrower buffers.
>
> can you provide a screenshot showing a case where org-mode looks ugly
> with Emacs default split behavior?  Then I might have a look...
>
> Thanks!

OK, so I've had a chance to look at this again, and my main concern was
with the width of the TODO state quick-select buffer. Now I see that the
length of the line is dependent on my configuration, so that if I
shorten the todo sequence lines in .emacs it looks far better in the
narrow window.

The only remaining issue is with the agenda view, where my longish TODO
items are truncated in the window, so I either need to use follow mode
or see if one of the wrapping functions will work on this buffer.

Thanks
Paul