Re: [Orgmode] tea-time?

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] tea-time?
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 17:14:44 -0700

My idea was to be thorough, documenting the idea even if it is too
hard to implement.  I think the interface would be the same as now,
except that clicking on the mode line cycles among the timers.

In principle you might be clocking a task while timing a few
tea-time-type tasks (e.g. your tea has steeped, the meat is defrosted,
the laundry is ready for somebody to switch).

tea-time and clocking are different things.  Thus, you might want to
clock without effort, and you might want to simply do org-remember to
start a timer.  Or you might want to do both at the same time.

Unless I am mistaken, your hooks would work for people who want to
clock with effort, but not for those two cases.  At least not without
further code.

This thread started because it was claimed that tea-time was
integrated into org.  Perhaps tea-time should just be used separately
from org?

Thanks.