Re: [Orgmode] Showing table formulas in cells

From: gregory mitchell
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Showing table formulas in cells
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 16:21:15 -0700

Hi Bastien,

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Gregory,

gregory mitchell <address@hidden> writes:

> I was wondering if anyone has found a way to toggle cells so that
> formulas could be shown/hidden in place of calculated results in
> org-mode tables.

This is not what you're looking for but perhaps it comes close: the
C-c ' key edits the cell at point in a separate buffer.

I currently use  "C-u C-c ="  to get the formula of the cell at point in the minibuffer, but it would be nice to extend this to other cells as well.

Also, since the formulas are already shown below the table, I would
find it somewhat confusing to display them within the cell...

Most dedicated spreadsheets, i.e. excel,  have an option to toggle the display of formulas/results  in cells.  Having all of the formulas at the bottom of a table can get even more confusing with large tables that contain lots of formulas on a single line.

> Also wanted to test this list since I haven't posted to it yet.

It works!

--

Glad that this works!  Thanks for the response.

 Bastien