[Orgmode] Indentation of text below headlines

From: onguarde -
Subject: [Orgmode] Indentation of text below headlines
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:48:39 +0800

Peace all!

I'm trying to make text below headlines indented as per the example quoted below.

http://orgmode.org/manual/Clean-view.html#fnd-1

Indentation of text below headlines

You may indent text below each headline to make the left boundary line up with the headline, like
          *** 3rd level
more text, now indented
A good way to get this indentation is by hand, and Org supports this with paragraph filling, line wrapping, and structure editing1 preserving or adapting the indentation as appropriate. A different approach would be to have a way to automatically indent lines according to outline structure by adding overlays or text properties. But I have not yet found a robust and efficient way to do this in large files

[1] See also the variable org-adapt-indentation.

http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2009-06/msg00132.html

If the variable `org-adapt-indentation' is non-nil, the entire text is
also indented so that it starts in the same column as the headline
\(i.e. after the stars).

.emacs config file
;(setf org-adapt-indentation nil)
(setf org-adapt-indentation t)

I tried setting it up it .emacs like so but it doesn't seem to work no matter which I comment.

Am I missing something??