[Orgmode] UIDs in icalendar export (exporting my agenda)

From: aldrin d'souza
Subject: [Orgmode] UIDs in icalendar export (exporting my agenda)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 23:28:34 +0530

hello,

i want to export my org-agenda as an icalendar file so that i can load it into some online calendar and access it on my phone. however, i'm facing some issues with the iCalendar files which org is generating. i can reproduce the problem by using org-export-icalendar-this-file on the following (simple) org file

---<test.org>----
* <2009-05-24 +1y> bob dylan
* <2009-01-27 +1y> mozart
---</test.org>----

here's the test.ics that gets generated:

---<test.ics>----
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:test
PRODID:-//my-name//Emacs with Org-mode//EN
X-WR-TIMEZONE:+0530
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
BEGIN:VEVENT
UID: TS-c7g0uc40uoe0
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20090524
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20090525
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1
SUMMARY: bob dylan
CATEGORIES:test
END:VEVENT
BEGIN:VEVENT
UID: TS-c7g0uc40uoe0
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20090127
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20090128
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1
SUMMARY: mozart
CATEGORIES:test
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR
---</test.ics>----

if you notice, the UIDs in both the events are same. aren't they supposed to be different? when i import this file into an online calendar (like google) one of the event is dropped.
am i missing something? i'm using org 6.28trans on emacs 23.0.94.

thanks,
--
ajd.