Re: [Orgmode] Error when exporting as Latex

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Error when exporting as Latex
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:25:33 +0200

Karl Maihofer <address@hidden> writes:
> Others may correct me but I think this is the same issue I had yesterday. The
> reason is that the two versions of Org - the one shipped with your Emacs and
> the
> latest one you installed by yourself conflict in some way. Some time ago the
> lisp-file for LaTeX export was renamed -
> perhaps this is why you get an error. My solution was to rename the
> Org-lisp-files in c:/bin/emacs-22.3/lisp/textmodes/. For example
> org-export-latex.elc gets org-export-latex.elc_save and so on. After that
> Emacs
> can only find the latest Org-version.
>
> I then had to add
>
> (require 'org-latex)

I think adding the git-Org's lisp directory to the load path

    (add-to-list 'load-path "~/path/to/org/lisp/")

should suffice, provided the lisp files are compiled. In that case a
second line should do:

   (require 'org-install)

But I'm not sure this works. I simply do

   sh$ rm -rf /usr/local/share/emacs/23.50.XX/lisp/org

after upgrading emacs, hence I cannot test it now.

This aspect of the load-path mechanism is not very well documented.

    Sebastian