[Orgmode] Markup for export question

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: [Orgmode] Markup for export question
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 15:19:58 +0200

When writing documentations I often come across expressions like

  doMagic('myVariable')

In an ideal world the HTML code for this after exporting the org file
would look like this:

The purpose is of course to indicate that `doMagic' is a literal
function/method name while `myVariable' is not meant literal and is to
be replaced something more or less sensible.

However, I find that rather hard to achieve and was only able to produce
this with quoted HTML tags.  In order to find a simpler solution I was
fiddling with `org-emphasis-alist' and `org-emphasis-regexp-components'
but to no avail.  Does anybody have an idea how to create that HTML code
from a simple markup in an org file?  BTW: Same applies probably for
LaTeX export but I haven't been playing around with this.

Ulf