Re: [Orgmode] Choosing local org package instead of sitewide

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Choosing local org package instead of sitewide
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 21:29:06 +0200

Kyle Sexton <address@hidden> writes:
> I would like to run a local copy of org pulled from the latest git instead
> of the sitewide version installed with emacs.  How can I specify that emacs
> should use the copy in my ~/elisp/org directory instead of the sitewide
> version?
>
> Probably a simple question, but deleting the sitewide org directory doesn't
> seem like the right solution. :P

Hm - depends on how you install emacs. I follow the CVS emacs as well
and remove the /usr/local/share/emacs/23.X.Y/lisp/org/ directory after
each re-install.

But:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/LoadPath states:

    The variable load-path lists all the directories where Emacs should
    look for elisp files. They are searched in order. The first file
    found is used, therefore the order of the directories might be
    relevant.

This should use the GIT version (assumed it's in ~/.emacs.d/lisp/org):

  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/lisp/org/")

  Sebastian