[Orgmode] Underscores again - HTML and LaTeX exporting.

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: [Orgmode] Underscores again - HTML and LaTeX exporting.
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 11:56:08 -0400

I found this by trying to export Bernt Hansen's org-mode tutorial [1] to
HTML and LaTeX. Bernt's IRC nick is Thumper_ and it appears in the
AUTHOR option as follows:

#+AUTHOR: Bernt Hansen (IRC:Thumper_ on freenode)

When exported to HTML, everything is fine. When exported to LaTeX, LaTeX
complains about missing $. The problem does *not* arise if the underscore
is in most other places in the org file, but I found one more place where it
does arise: in a headline, when the underscore begins the word.

Here is a small test file (hi, Sébastien;-) :

#+AUTHOR: Nick (nick_)

* foo foo_bar foo_ _bar
  foo
  foo_bar
  foo_
  _bar

Everything works except the nick_ on the AUTHOR line and the _bar in
the headline.

BTW, I also tried the ^:nil option, but it did not make any difference.

Thanks,
Nick

[1] http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html - the org file is at
http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org