Re: [Orgmode] A MindMap export would be awesome

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] A MindMap export would be awesome
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 22:17:23 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Eric,

>> Maybe there a special LaTeX styles for that.  Google came up with
>> something called PGF/TikZ.  Or maybe there are generators for
>> creating SVG mindmaps, I don't know...
>
> Possibly graphviz could be used?

Yes, especially the twopi layout seems well-suited for that task.  And
of course, dot is a very easy format to transform to.  But it has some
drawbacks, too.  For example, the text in a node has to be formatted
correctly with special strings for linebreaks and no interaction with
the mindmap is possible.

In an ideal world I'd like to have the nodes show the headline broken
into several lines to keep some ideal aspect ration, and when the mouse
hoovers over a node, the full text following that headline is shown in
some overlay.  This could probably be done in SVG...

Bye,
Tassilo