Re: [Orgmode] Recurring dates just on weekdays?

From: Dirk-Jan C . Binnema
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Recurring dates just on weekdays?
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:30:41 +0300

Hi Paul,

    PM> Is it possible to set recurring dates just for weekdays? I have a number
    PM> of recurring tasks which are only relevant on work days, so I'd like to
    PM> have them only appear on monday to friday. Is there anything I can do to
    PM> accomplish this?

If you only need a reminder (and not a TODO) you can use a diary-sexp:

** Daily meeting
   SCHEDULED: <%%(memq (calendar-day-of-week date) '(1 2 3 4 5))>

However, if you use it as a TODO item that you mark as DONE, your only option
(AFAIK) is to define separate recurring appointments for each of the weekdays.

The problem is that diary-sexp don't really 'recur' in the org-mode sense;
when you mark them as DONE, the whole series is done. I would be a nice
feature, but I can imagine it'd be hard to implement[1].

Best wishes,
Dirk.

[1] hope this challenges someone ;)