[Orgmode] Re: Release 6.28

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Release 6.28
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 13:14:44 +0200

Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Ulf Stegemann wrote:
>> Yes, both shifting by the same amount and setting a fixed date can be
>> useful. I usually re-schedule leftover todos by shifting them by one
>> or two working days to the future. So originally I had a bulk version of
>> `org-agenda-do-date-later' and friends in mind as opposed to
>> `org-agenda-schedule'. But the latter one would be useful to. Ideally,
>> S-left, C-cC-s et al. would trigger a bulk shift/bulk schedule whenever
>> there are marked agenda items.
>
> I am not so sure about this last point.  I am not a
> fan of automatic bulk action if several items are selected.
>
> - these lists can become long, and selected entries might
>   be off the screen
> - for this to make sense, selected entries should remain
>   selected after action, increasing the danger of unwanted action
> - you might be in the process of selecting some entries, when you
>   want to do a quick action on an individual entry you come across.
>   But you cannot, because any action will act on all selected ones.
>
> So I do prefer a special command like "B" to introduce bulk action.

I undecided on this, too. Automagically working on marked entries should
they exists seems more natural to me but you are right more dangerous,
too. So I'm perfectly with you except that I'd say that marked entries
should be unmarked after the action. But anyway, triggering bulk actions
with a special command appears absolutely fine to me.

Ulf