Re: [Orgmode] Sorting and renumbering footnotes

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sorting and renumbering footnotes
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:39:09 +0200

Hi Karl,

this is now implemented as [r] action in the footnote actions.  [r]
dies only renumbering, no sorting, so you'd have to use 2 commands.

HTH

- Carsten

On Jun 30, 2009, at 4:38 PM, Karl Maihofer wrote:

I use Org to write quite long documents with many footnotes and I am wondering if there is a way to renumber the footnotes when sorting with "C-u C-c C-x f s". "n" at the end is not what I am looking for. I'd like the footnotes to stay at the position set by org-footnote- section.

Simple visual example:

* First Headline

Org-mode is for keeping[fn:2] notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing project[fn:3] planning, and
authoring with a fast and effective[fn:1] plain-text system.

[fn:1] Third Footnote.

[fn:2] Frist Footnote.

[fn:3] Second Footnote.

* Second Headline

Pressing "C-u C-c C-x f s" resuls in the following:

* First Headline

Org-mode is for keeping[fn:2] notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing project[fn:3] planning, and
authoring with a fast and effective[fn:1] plain-text system.

[fn:2] Frist Footnote.

[fn:3] Second Footnote.

[fn:1] Third Footnote.

* Second Headline

How can I achieve this:

* First Headline

Org-mode is for keeping[fn:1] notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing project[fn:2] planning, and
authoring with a fast and effective[fn:3] plain-text system.

[fn:1] Frist Footnote.

[fn:2] Second Footnote.

[fn:3] Third Footnote.

* Second Headline