Re: [Orgmode] Change line spacing for lists for LaTeX export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Change line spacing for lists for LaTeX export
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 17:41:08 +0200

On Jun 19, 2009, at 12:02 AM, Alan E. Davis wrote:

I need to print outlines in a more compact form than LaTeX lists ordinarily provide. I often have used the paralist package, although it conflicts with some other packages. How can I alter the line spacing for the lists directly, for export?

I found this suggestion, and I was going to use #+LATEX_HEADER:, but then it occured to me that I don't have a way to specifiy that "my_enumerate" would be used instead of "enumerate".

This is the code I found on line:

%
% this makes list spacing much better.
%
\newenvironment{my_enumerate}{
\begin{enumerate}
  \setlength{\itemsep}{1pt}
  \setlength{\parskip}{0pt}
  \setlength{\parsep}{0pt}}{\end{enumerate}

}
Thank you for any suggestions.

You can now (latest git) define an environment like you do above

Then set

(setq org-export-latex-low-levels '("\\begin{myenv}" "\\end{myenv}" "\ \item %s"))

Now this environment will be used for the lower levels of LaTeX export.

Note that you can use

to force even the top-level headings into this environment.

HTH

- Carsten

Alan Davis

"Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value."
  --- Buckminster Fuller