Re: [Orgmode] Help with colors for a newbie...

From: Mick Davis
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Help with colors for a newbie...
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 20:53:59 -0400

Hopefully this comes out right, I apologize if it does not, I've never
actually replied to a mailing list.

Eric asked me to describe my experiences using orgmode on my Nokia 810.

I'm actually replying to this on my N810.  I have had probably a dozen
pocket computers of all sorts over the last dozen years.  Ironically
the very first one I ever had (an HP LX200) and my N810 were both very
close to being ideal.  And both because of the ability to run DOS or
Linux apps natively.

I pretty much bought the N810 to run orgmode.  On the LX200 I ran Lotus
Agenda.  Orgmode on the N810 is just like on any other computer except
the keyboard is (to be frank) pretty bad, but at least it's a physical
keyboard.  The positives way out weight the negatives.  For me the
positives are:
1) It's so small it's always with me.
2) I don't worry about syncing it because when I'm near one of my
laptops or desktops I just ssh into the N810 and run orgmode orgmode
remotely.

The negatives are:
1) The keyboard, when I have to use it in "away mode".
2) A secondary thing that is negative about the keyboard is that it
does not have an Alt key, a pipe symbol key, or a tab key.
3) The only other "negative" is that the colors aren't standard
compared to my other Linux or Windows boxes.

In summary, I REALLY  like this little computer.  It runs Linux, I have
more than enough storage (with an optional memory card), and it is a
"real" pocket sized computer.

Again - thanks Carsten for orgmode!

Mick