Re: [Orgmode] org-protocol and safari

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-protocol and safari
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 02:08:44 +0200

Greg Newman <address@hidden> writes:
> I searched the list and saw that someone else asked this already with no
> reply.  Well, Chris replied but didn't solve my problem.
> Questions:
> 1.  Has anyone gotten org-protocol working with Safari?  I'm not a firefox
> user and would prefer not to switch.
>
> I did try to get it working with Firefox 3.x and it's not working.
> I followed the worg instructions (
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php ) for FF and tried the
> verification links with no luck.
> Firefox just screams at me "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address,
> because the protocol (org-protocol) isn't associated with any program."
> 2.  Any clue why this isn't working?

As for FF, the instructions should work. See also:

   http://kb.mozillazine.org/Register_protocol#Linux_and_Mac

As for Safari - I fear you use a MAC?
You _must_ use a MAC.
I know the windows version of Safari and you would change immediatly. I
know it runs fine on MAC though.

On a first glance, I found this on the net:

http://mac.clauss-net.de/misfox/
http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/

Best wishes

   Sebastian