Re: [Orgmode] org-shifmetadown/up are slow

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-shifmetadown/up are slow
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:43:32 -0700

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 22:41, Carsten Dominik<address@hidden> wrote:
> could you please re-run these tests, and instrument for elp not
> only org, but also the entire outline package?  Seems to me that
> much of this time is spent in a non-org function.

Function Name                                                 Call
Count  Elapsed Time  Average Time
==========  ============  ============
org-move-subtree-down                                         97
   213.619874    2.2022667422
org-compact-display-after-subtree-move                        96
   203.12814400  2.1159181666
outline-end-of-subtree                                        392
   156.43101299  0.3990587066
outline-next-heading                                          1925977
   139.79470300  7.258...e-05
outline-flag-subtree                                          104
   114.38383400  1.0998445576
org-shiftmetadown                                             51
   109.818661    2.1533070784
org-shiftmetaup                                               46
   103.837425    2.2573353260
org-move-subtree-up                                           46
   103.821831    2.2569963260
outline-map-region                                            191
   40.191857999  0.2104285759
org-outline-level                                             1905188
   25.819659000  1.355...e-05
org-cycle-hide-drawers                                        183
   11.270871000  0.0615894590
org-flag-drawer                                               29066
   5.4703569999  0.0001882046
outline-next-visible-heading                                  386
   4.2212859999  0.0109359740
outline-get-last-sibling                                      46
   2.634253      0.0572663695
outline-previous-visible-heading                              335
   2.6118669999  0.0077966179
org-shiftmetaright                                            8
   2.3084010000  0.2885501250
org-up-heading-safe                                           192
   2.1500000000  0.0111979166
org-end-of-subtree                                            234
   1.9466359999  0.0083189572
outline-get-next-sibling                                      51
   1.6207019999  0.0317784705
outline-flag-region                                           30978
   1.4932559999  4.820...e-05
org-show-empty-lines-in-parent                                96
   1.132384      0.0117956666
outline-up-heading                                            8
   0.335284      0.0419105
outline-previous-heading                                      6570
   0.2229150000  3.392...e-05
outline-show-heading                                          1241
   0.0924400000  7.448...e-05
outline-back-to-heading                                       1624
   0.0664180000  4.089...e-05
org-mouse-down-mouse                                          1
   0.063905      0.063905
outline-end-of-heading                                        1634
   0.0632650000  3.871...e-05
outline-on-heading-p                                          1903
   0.0591330000  3.107...e-05
org-back-over-empty-lines                                     341
   0.0572220000  0.0001678064
org-save-markers-in-region                                    96
   0.0429849999  0.0004477604
org-cycle-show-empty-lines                                    192
   0.0419749999  0.0002186197
org-back-to-heading                                           642
   0.0355740000  5.541...e-05
org-agenda-save-markers-for-cut-and-paste                     96
   0.035326      0.0003679791
org-do-emphasis-faces                                         197
   0.0349929999  0.0001776294
org-first-sibling-p                                           96
   0.034133      0.0003555520
org-map-tree                                                  16
   0.0297049999  0.0018565624
org-show-entry                                                87
   0.0282949999  0.0003252298
org-at-table-p                                                113
   0.0230579999  0.0002040530
org-activate-tags                                             310
   0.0217709999  7.022...e-05
org-shiftmetaleft                                             8
   0.0200029999  0.0025003749
org-activate-footnote-links                                   196
   0.0184260000  9.401...e-05
org-set-tags                                                  16
   0.0175759999  0.0010984999
org-demote-subtree                                            8
   0.017286      0.00216075
org-promote-subtree                                           8
   0.015923      0.001990375
org-on-heading-p                                              129
   0.0156239999  0.0001211162
org-activate-plain-links                                      311
   0.0152919999  4.917...e-05
org-demote                                                    8
   0.0135389999  0.0016923749
org-promote                                                   8
   0.01195       0.00149375
org-font-lock-add-tag-faces                                   196
   0.0114169999  5.824...e-05
org-activate-dates                                            275
   0.0104949999  3.816...e-05
org-activate-bracket-links                                    221
   0.007836      3.545...e-05
org-unfontify-region                                          196
   0.0074030000  3.777...e-05
org-check-and-save-marker                                     3840
   0.0069260000  1.803...e-06
org-get-tags-string                                           16
   0.0066159999  0.0004134999
org-at-heading-p                                              104
   0.0065090000  6.258...e-05
org-fontify-meta-lines-and-blocks                             196
   0.0056479999  2.881...e-05
org-activate-angle-links                                      196
   0.0051379999  2.621...e-05
outline-next-preface                                          96
   0.005108      5.320...e-05
org-font-lock-add-priority-faces                              196
   0.004841      2.469...e-05
org-activate-code                                             196
   0.003812      1.944...e-05
org-get-level-face                                            1302
   0.0037469999  2.877...e-06
org-remove-flyspell-overlays-in                               366
   0.0031399999  8.579...e-06
org-fix-position-after-promote                                16
   0.002157      0.0001348125
org-invisible-p                                               97
   0.0021190000  2.184...e-05
org-get-tag-face                                              126
   0.0020839999  1.653...e-05
org-move-to-column                                            16
   0.0018859999  0.0001178749
org-hide-wide-columns                                         196
   0.0016239999  8.285...e-06
org-get-todo-face                                             60
   0.0011369999  1.894...e-05
org-before-change-function                                    224
   0.0007810000  3.486...e-06
org-skip-whitespace                                           96
   0.000674      7.020...e-06
org-activate-target-links                                     196
   0.0006510000  3.321...e-06
org-font-lock-hook                                            196
   0.0005240000  2.673...e-06
org-do-latex-and-special-faces                                196
   0.000437      2.229...e-06
org-reinstall-markers-in-region                               96
   0.0003680000  3.833...e-06
org-get-valid-level                                           16
   0.0001910000  1.193...e-05
org-get-string-indentation                                    4
   0.000169      4.225e-05
org-mouse-in-region-p                                         1
   1.7e-05       1.7e-05
org-mouse-mark-active                                         1
   3e-06         3e-06

Thanks.

Samuel