[Orgmode] org-tags-column

From: Ross A. Laird
Subject: [Orgmode] org-tags-column
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 12:48:23 -0700

One of the interesting things about org, from a non-programmer's point
of view, is that there are dozens (hundreds?) of settings that seem to
require some sort of programming knowledge. This is both challenging and
useful, from an educational perspective. Here's an example:

org-tags-column

It is referred to in the documentation, but without an example. And it
does not show up in a search of this list. So, how do I set this? I have
tried:

(setq org-tags-column 100)

in my emacs, but I have no idea if this is the correct way to do this
(or even if it works, actually).

As I said, this is one of the interesting things about org; always more
to discover and learn. Can someone give me a sense of how best to use
the above setting?

Thanks.

Ross

--