Re: [Orgmode] Feature suggestion: context sensitive movement

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Feature suggestion: context sensitive movement
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:17:06 +0200

On Jun 18, 2009, at 9:54 PM, Samuel Wales wrote:

Others have pointed out the relevant commands.  Here are some possible
bindings for you.

What I do is bind c-m-arrow, analogous to the way I bind them in Lisp.
Maybe you will find those bindings useful.  The relevant insight is
trees -- both Lisp and outlines instantiate them.

Would be great if they worked on plain list items also, as if those
items were headlines.

Are there any functions to navigate plain lists?

org-beginning-of-item
org-end-of-item
org-next-item
org-previous-item
org-beginning-of-item-list

You could make you bindings below work for lists as well by checking context with

org-at-item-p    ;; first line only
org-in-item-p    ;; does not have to be first line
org-at-heading-p

HTH

- Carsten

 (define-key org-mode-map [(control meta left)]
   'outline-backward-same-level)
 (define-key org-mode-map [(control meta right)]
   'outline-forward-same-level)
 (define-key org-mode-map [(control meta up)]
   'outline-previous-visible-heading)
 (define-key org-mode-map [(control meta down)]
   'outline-next-visible-heading)
;;in gnu lisp, there is no separate up as i have. ud change level. lr go
 ;;back and forward at the same level.  sounds simple in principle.
;;however, that makes it hard to go to the previous visible heading (or ;;last element of prev list in lisp): you have to do up, left, down, right
 ;;repeat.
 ;;
 ;;upshot: my way is intuitive.  ud goes ud, lr goes same level, ret
 ;;goes up.
 (define-key org-mode-map [(control meta return)]
   ;;'invisible-ok
   'outline-up-heading)