[Orgmode] org plot scripts

From: josephzxu
Subject: [Orgmode] org plot scripts
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 03:25:12 -0400

Hi:

I've been trying to make candlestick plots with org-plot, and the only
way I've found that I can do this is by specifying a custom script in
the +PLOT options. However, I noticed that when I specify a script,
all other +PLOT options I specify, such as with set: or line:, are
completely ignored. I think it would be nice to allow the user to
specify plot options in the latter manner along with custom scripts
and just prepend the options to the script. This way, the user can use
a single custom script to plot multiple data tables, while being able
to set things like the title or range of the plot on a per-table
basis. Alternatively, I can also imagine giving the user the ability
to hard code the exact plot commands right in the org file.

Thanks for your time.

Joseph