Re: [Orgmode] Keeping a wiki with org-mode

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Keeping a wiki with org-mode
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:41:19 -0700

I think the use of the work wiki here is causing confusion.

I don't think you are talking about actually running a wiki based on
org-mode formatted files (to which worg would be applicable).

However rather than the behavior you are suggesting (automatically
transforming CamelCase words into links in org-mode buffers) it should
be sufficient to use the `org-insert-link' function, or if you would
prefer a different syntax you could try something like the following
which will prompt you for a file name after you type "file" and then hit
the [TAB] key.

;; expand files on tab
(defun org-insert-link-maybe ()
  "insert a file link depending on the context"
  (interactive)
  (let ((case-fold-search t))
    (if (save-excursion (when (re-search-backward "[[:space:]]" nil t)
(forward-char 1) (looking-at "\\[?\\[?file:?")))
        (progn (replace-match "") (org-insert-link '(4)) t)
      nil)))

(add-hook 'org-tab-first-hook 'org-insert-link-maybe)

Cheers -- Eric