Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award

From: Gray Calhoun
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:02:39 -0500

Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Jun 11, 2009, at 11:31 PM, Dan Davison wrote:

John Rakestraw <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Carsten and the list --

I really like the ideas, and I'm trying merely to shorten -- see
suggestions below.

--John

I also do like Brian's description a lot.  But it is 190 characters,
I am not sure if we can stretch the "about 140" this much?  I have
been trying to shorten it a bit - please check if it still captures
the essence.....

Here is the current state of our reply to Sourceforge - please comment

1. Complete this sentence in about 140 characters: "Our project is
[-foo-]."  For example, "Our project is a tool that helps you wash
your
car."

   Org-mode masters personal/project information your way, in plain
text,
   with features out of your way until you want them, backed by the
   power of Emacs.

Org-mode masters personal/project information your way, in plain
text, with features hidden until needed, backed by the power of Emacs.

(unless (string-match "Our project is a" sourceforge-submission-sentence 0)
 (message "shouldn't we follow the instructions?"))

1. Complete this sentence in about 140 characters: "Our project is
[-foo-]."

This is a good point, maybe they will be picky about it.

Also, I am now thinking the 140 chars, what to the english native speakers here think: Is this includin or excluding the given sentence start?????

Our project is a tool to master personal/project data your way,
in plain text, with features out of your way until needed,
backed by the power of Emacs.

 I haven't contributed anything to this project, so I feel a little funny
suggesting anything.  But I really like org mode and hope you win, so
here's another version:

Our project is an extensible outliner that lets you collect your
thoughts in a text file in Emacs and organizes them to make
them useful.

Congratulations and good luck!

--Gray