Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:51:01 +0100

I think using analogy and metaphor might be a more effective way to
get the message across in 140 characters.  So rather than describing
org-mode features in this constraint are we not better using the
opportunity to pique curiosity?  And align ourselves with the OSCON
audience?

After all not even worg, the org manual and the years of discussions
on this list have managed to adequately describe org-mode!  Attempting
to do so in 140 characters seems impossible...

How about?

"Org is the life hacker's tool of choice; you'll hack productivity into your
schedule, like you use Emacs to cut code!"

"Org is the life hacker's swiss army knife.  Sharp, quick and powerful
you'll use it to cut deadlines and craft your own path to productivity."

Below are what I think are some slight improvements to previous suggestions:

2009/6/11 John Rakestraw <address@hidden>:

> Org-mode masters personal/project information your way, in plain
> text, with features hidden until needed, backed by the power of Emacs.

Org-mode masters personal, project information your way, in plain
text, with features hidden until needed and all the power of Emacs!

> We should win because org-mode, by making users more productive, has
> spawned one of the best communities in the open-source world.

We should win because org-mode, makes users more productive,
spawning one of the best communities in the open-source world.

We should win because org-mode, makes users more productive,
spawning the best community of life hackers in the world.

We should win because org-mode empowers the worlds greatest
life hacker community to cut deadlines and craft a path to productivity.

We should win because org-mode has spawned a community of life
hackers, sharing shortcuts on the brisk walk of productivity

R.