Re: [Orgmode] Sourceforge community award

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sourceforge community award
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:29:48 +0200

On Jun 10, 2009, at 1:59 AM, Bastien wrote:

Hi Rick,

maybe subscribers of this list could send a short video just saying
hello to the cam? (making it fancy or org-related is not forbidden!)
Then we could grab all this and blend it nicely into the video...

I have made a little start here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPsJpP6Fp28

Bastien will try to cut together a little youtube video about
Org-mode so that we can submit the youtube address of that to
the competition.

I think it would be really great if there would be clips from more
people in that movie, both contributors and users.  If you'd like
to help, please make a little movie of you saying a few sentences
or showing off something interesting, and put the video somewhere
where Bastien can pick it up.  All these clips need to be short, so
that people actually would like to watch it through.
I understand that Bastien will work on this during the weekend,
so we do not have a lot of time.

- Carsten

Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> writes:

I think the real problem here is the logistics of this.  Does anyone
have any experience with video?  Personally I'd like to see Carsten
(obviously), but I think the contributor net should be widened to
include at least one person who's made a significant contribution to
documenting org-mode best-practice, e.g. Bernt, Russel etc...

It'd be really nice to have the videos touch on both user and
developer perspective's, and perhaps even the fantastic community
interplay that occurs on this list.

--
Bastien