Re: [Orgmode] Sourceforge community award

From: Brian van den Broek
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sourceforge community award
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 02:30:02 -0400

Carsten Dominik said unto the world at 09/06/09 08:48 AM:
OK, in my last email I already said that we have been selected
as a finalist for the Sourceforge Community Award in the category

Most Likely to Change the Way You Do Everything.

I am *very* excited about this, and I would love *us* to win
this award or at least deliver a very good showing.

<snip>

Below are the questions from sourceforge, let the brainstorming begin!

- Carsten

1. Complete this sentence in about 140 characters: "Our project is
[-foo-]."  For example, "Our project is a tool that helps you wash your
car."

Org-mode allows you to master your personal and project information your way, in plain text, with features which stay out of your way until you want them, all backed by the power of Emacs.

(I didn't notice a mention of Emacs in other suggestions; seems essential to me.)

3. Please provide a logo (or screenshot, if you'd prefer) for your
project.  It should be at least 640x480, but we'll also be showing it
as a thumbnail.

If you go the screenshot way (along the lines of Carsten's mock-up), I'd suggest using split windows to show off more than one aspect of org-mode. I'm thinking a vertical split with an agenda buffer in one window. Static screenshots don't really do org-mode justice---it's text and superficially just text---and that might give a glimpse into how it is more.

Congrats on the well deserved finalist slot.

Brian vdB