[Orgmode] Re: Agenda view: How many hours did I work today, and on what

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Agenda view: How many hours did I work today, and on what
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:32:13 +0200

El dl, jun 08 2009, Bernt Hansen va escriure:
> In the agenda hit 'R' to get a clock report that only covers the period
> of time displayed by the agenda.

  I had tried this but found it too ugly and hard to understand and I abandoned
it. Now I'm retaking it and searching what changes I should do to make it
comfortable. Some notes:

1. I didn't want to group tasks by level-2 headers, but show all tasks instead
(at any level). Therefore I should use:  (setq
org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist '(:link t :maxlevel 99 ))

2. The table is too wide and lines span into several visible lines. I should
either learn to trim the table columns, or activate truncate-lines somehow when
the table is bigger than the window.

3. I don't understand the table format. It is showing hierarchical information
and thus would fit much better in an outline. It doesn't let me expand/contract
sections and I would like this because there are too many. It doesn't recognize
or highlight the keywords or priorities. Furthermore, the keys to move between
cells (left/right arrow) have other meanings in the agenda view (ex: change
days).

4. It seems this report can't be easily extended; well, only with :formula
lines, which may be complex to write by hand. Useful extensions would be: a) to
show the effort estimate for each task (and so to discover whether you did the
task in time). Or b) to show the exact time period(s) when you worked on each
task.

  So: this clock report mode in the agenda view isn't still comfortable, but
seems the base for what I want; I will go on from this.

  Thanks,

Daniel