Re: [Orgmode] Popup with Weekly Agenda?

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Popup with Weekly Agenda?
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:00:52 +0100

I am hacking together something which creates a gtk Tray Icon and uses a standard gtk window for the notification. it's basically working, but I need to make the gtk window look more like a Notify window and get a grip on the rather complex way gtkTextBuffer marks up text.

Another possibility would be to use conky which draws on the root
window directly instead of on top of everything else.  You could have
the agenda constantly displayed then.  Conky does support full
colouring.

Whether this is useful for anybody or not is another story, of
course...

I use conky myself, but it's already a bit cluttered with lots of info,
including the status of my MythTV box:)

A pop up window would be useful to me and other family members, who
aren't emacs users.

I now have a working prototype which uses a Tray Icon to display a pop
up window. I abandoned trying to colour text in a gtk TextBuf myself and
went with pygtkcodebuffer, which is a syntax highlighting derivative of
gtkTextBuf. This has the advantage that you can easily define your own
syntax to produce whatever colouring effect takes your fancy.

I'll rewrite my prototype to get rid of all the cruft and put it on
github later this week.

Ian.