Re: [Orgmode] OT: spelling dictionary on Mac OS, and apple script

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] OT: spelling dictionary on Mac OS, and apple script
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 08:05:31 +0200

On Jun 5, 2009, at 1:30 PM, Christopher Suckling wrote:

On 5 Jun 2009, at 08:12, Carsten Dominik wrote:

I'm sure all of you know by now how bad a typist/speller I am.
A small part of this problem is that I write constantly in
three language, Dutch, German, and English.  Therefore I have
my spell checker on my Mac Powerbook set to "Multilingual".  So
this spell checker will accept "adres" and "address" and
"adresse" all as correctly spelled :-(

I cannot be bothered to use the mouse to change the dictionary
all the time.  I would, however, use a hotkey to switch
dictionaries.  Does anyone here know how to do this, maybe
using applescript?

Have a look at the script at the end of this thread:

http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?id=28285&p=2

Wow, this will take me a moment to get to work, but I will try

Thanks for the pointer!

- Carsten

I haven't tested it as I rarely have to venture outside English, but it looks promising. UI scripting is a right royal pain in the back.

HTH,

Christopher