Re: [Orgmode] Disable agenda file autoload?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Disable agenda file autoload?
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 07:43:32 +0200

On May 28, 2009, at 7:34 AM, Russell Adams wrote:

I tend to run multiple emacs sessions and I've noticed that if I load
Org (no I do not require it on each load), that I get lock contention
on agenda files.

Only one of these emacs instances is used for Org, I keep an Org
session up separate from my coding...

Is there a way that I can configure Org to not load the agenda files
until the first time the agenda is called?

Perhaps just by delaying setting the agenda file list until the agenda
is called by hook?

My only other option would be to use a separate config for the Org
window vs the others.

I welcome suggestions.

I believe the agenda files are only loaded for agenda
and related commands, i.e. commands that also need to access
the agenda files.  It is definitely not so that loading the Org
package will load the agenda files.  Or am I wrong here???
Maybe you are running org-agenda-to-appt or something like this?

- Carsten