[Orgmode] Re: Indentation problem

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Indentation problem
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 13:15:53 -0400

Spike Spiegel <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 9:51 PM, Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Is your TAB key bound to the correct function?  (C-h k TAB) gives me
>>  - <tab> runs the command yas/expand
>>   in my regular setup and
>>  - <tab> runs the command org-cycle
>>   in my minimal emacs setup
>>
>> Both work the same for me.
>
> I haven't figured out what yet, but cleaning out my settings and only
> importing a few selected ones and re-checking out 6.27a made it work,
> should have done that before sorry. On the other hand I'm not sure
> what you mean with "regular setup" and "minimal emacs setup". With the
> orgmode loaded c-h k <TAB> tells me org-cycle.

My regular setup is http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html and minimal emacs
set up is 'emacs -q -l ~/minimal.emacs' which just load basics org stuff
without all of my customizations.

,----[ minimal.emacs ]
| (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/git/org-mode/lisp"))
| (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.\\(org\\|org_archive\\|txt\\)$" .
org-mode))
| (require 'org-install)
`----

I use the minimal emacs setup for testing to make sure I haven't messed
up org with local configuration stuff.

> that said, if I copy paste something I still get the long lines
> incorrectly indented. For example, given:
> ** TODO something to do
>    SCHEDULED: <2009-05-30 Sat>
>    [2009-05-27 Wed]
>
> and then pasting stuff from the c-h k <TAB> I get:
> ** TODO something to do
>    SCHEDULED: <2009-05-30 Sat>
>    [2009-05-27 Wed]
>    This is the command invoked in Org-moe by the TAB key.  It's main purpose
> is outine visibility cycling, but it also invokes other actions
> in special contexts.
>
> (Note that positioning the cursor after Wed] then RET and then TAB
> moved the cursor to the expected position)
>
> thoughts?

I get the same thing.  To fix it I insert a blank line before the pasted text,
hit
TAB on the second line so both line 1 and 2 are indented then M-q to
fill to fix it up.  I don't expect org-mode to do that automagically for
me.

-Bernt