[Orgmode] Re: defining LaTeX macros that work inline and at export

From: Gray Calhoun
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: defining LaTeX macros that work inline and at export
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 22:08:21 +0000 (UTC)

> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 05:13:41PM +0000, Gray Calhoun wrote:

> >   I'd like to define LaTeX macros that display correctly when they're
> > embedded in an org file and are preserved when I export that file to LaTeX.
> > Right now,  I've added the LaTeX macros to org-format-latex-header, and
> > repeated the macros in a #+LATEX_HEADER: comment.  The two drawbacks of
> > this approach are that I'd prefer to have most of the macros be
> > file-specific and that I'd like to avoid duplicating these LaTeX commands.
<- cut the rest ->

Russell Adams <RLAdams <at> AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

> Couldn't you use the {{{macro}}} expansion in the export header? I
> believe you can make your own.

Hi Russell,

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm going to need to work with the LaTeX files themselves after writing
and editing the drafts in org mode, so I want the macros to stick
around after exporting the org file to LaTeX.  My understanding is
that the {{{macro}}} approach would expand the macros during that
export.

Best,
Gray