Re: [Orgmode] positioning inline image

From: Marvin Doyley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] positioning inline image
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 10:54:02 -0400

Thanks

cheers
MMD
On May 20, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Eric Schulte wrote:

On May 20, 2009, at 12:56 AM, Marvin Doyley wrote:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone knows how to vary the position of inline images. The
default position appear to be is center, but it would be nice to
vary the location especially when exporting as html

I am not sure.

http://orgmode.org/manual/Images-in-HTML-export.html#Images-in-HTML-export

shows how to add attributes to the img tag, but that may not be enough.

I've actually been wondering this myself, and the attributes line did
the trick for me.  The position (left, center, right) of the image can
be controlled with the float style directive.

#+ATTR_HTML: style="float:left"
[[file:out.png]]

This actually works for images exported using org-exp-blocks as well,
which was a nice surprise.

Thanks -- Eric

I don't know much about HTML. Can you describe what kind of HTML code
you'd like to generate to vary the position of an image?

- Carsten