Re: [Orgmode] re-exporting a web site

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] re-exporting a web site
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:46:39 -0400

Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've been through the manual and the faq but just cannot seem to find
> > the answer to a very simple question:  I need to re-publish
> > (i.e. re-export) a website that is written in org-mode because I've
> > changed some of the style information that is "included" by each .org
> > file.  Although I can force a re-export on individual files (C-u C-c C-e
> > F), I cannot force a re-export on a "project" (C-c C-e X).  Asking to
> > export the project simply skips all the unmodified files.  Trying C-u
> > C-c C-e X gives
> >
> > ,----
> > | org-publish-get-base-files: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
> > `----
> >

> I receive the same error when I try to export using C-u C-c C-e X.
>
> As a temporary fix, you can use C-u C-c C-e P while visiting one of the
> org files in the project. That's the method I use to update an entire
> website.

As a workaround for the skipping of unmodified files: does setting

    org-publish-use-timestamps-flag

to nil temporarily do the deed? I'm not sure what that will do to
the timestamps: they will probably be completely out of sync afterwards;
but that's exactly what Matt's method does (for the current project
only), so it could not be *too* bad !-)

You can also try to blow away (or move aside) the time stamps directory
(~/.org-timestamps by default, or the value of
org-publish-timestamp-directory) and try publishing again.

HTH,
Nick