Re: [Orgmode] begin_src problems

From: Tom Tobin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] begin_src problems
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 23:55:28 -0500

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 10:15 PM, Dan Davison <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tom Tobin <address@hidden> writes:
>> Hmm ... C-c ' now works only if the block is flush with the left
>> margin.  Is this intentional?
>
> Yes, it's intentional. The # has to be the first character on the
> line. It's the same with the other org syntax which starts #+.

Ahh, that explains it.  It looks kind of odd not indented like the
rest of the content under a header, which is probably what threw me
off.

>> Org-mode tries to align it with the
>> header it falls under, which seems "right" to me.  The block still
>> doesn't get the org-code face either way (although the "#+BEGIN_SRC
>
> Not quite sure what you mean by 'org-code' face. The source code gets
> fontified, in a different buffer, when you hit C-c ' (fontification is
> according to the language major mode specified in the header,
> i.e. html-mode in your example). Does this happen for you? The code in
> the original org buffer never gets fontified according to language. It
> used to be the case that nothing much happened to it, but if you are
> using bleeding-edge org from today's commits then it is subject to some
> different magic.

Yes, that happens for me (now that I have it left-flushed); I think my
expectation was that the lines between the #+ lines would become light
gray, like lines starting with ": " (colon-space) do (by default,
anyway).

Thanks, though!