Re: [Orgmode] cannot edit two source code examples simultaneously

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] cannot edit two source code examples simultaneously
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 19:39:35 +0200

Hi Hsiu-Khuern,

On May 15, 2009, at 7:38 AM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:

Hi Carsten,

You recently changed org-edit-src-code to use a separate buffer instead of an
indirect buffer.  One side effect of this is that I can no longer edit several
code examples at the same time: opening the second buffer will silently discard
any changes made in the first.  I would prefer this behavior: when opening the
second edit source buffer, write any changes in the first buffer to the
originating Org buffer (but don't save it, of course).

Another approach is to use different buffer names.

I think the second idea is better, provided that a mechanism
ensures that not two editing instances of the same region
are created.  This is what I have implemented now.  Thank
you for your report.

- Carsten