Re: [Orgmode] Building websites with Org mode

From: srandby
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Building websites with Org mode
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 11:03:26 -0400

Marvin Doyley wrote:
I would like to use Org mode to build and maintain my research website. I have begun to build the website in org and exporting it to html works fine; however, I was wondering how can I get export to produce more professional looking website similar rather than an outline. Does anybody have any suggestions or guide to producing websites with org ?

I suggest you take a look at Worg.

http://orgmode.org/worg/

In particular, there is a list of web sites made with org-mode.

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-web.php

I am planning to add more sites to this page soon.

A useful tool is org-info.js written by Sebastian Rose. Information about it can be found on Worg. Sebastian also has a tutorial on Worg on how to publish org-mode files to html.

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.php

Scott Randby