Re: [Orgmode] Exporting for word processors

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Exporting for word processors
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 08:14:12 +0000 (GMT)

--- Ven 8/5/09, Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> Jeffrey Windsor <address@hidden>
> writes:
>
> > I'm a PhD candidate in English literature,
> > My advisor and
> > committee are all incorrigible Microsoft Word users --
> > there's no  chance that they'll ever switch.
> > But I need to regularly send drafts to my committee.
>
> Perhaps the easiest route would be to export to html and
> then save as a
> doc file from within Open Office or Word.

agree.

Hi Jeffrey,

I use org to write the first draft of my reports
and I export them as html.
Then I open the html file with Microsoft Word and do the
final corrections (numbered lists, section/subsections...)
I have also written a stylesheet like the one boss uses:

* COMMENT  HTML style specifications
#Local Variables:
#truncate-lines:nil
#org-export-html-style: "   ....

However I do not have many citations, and I can't help :-/
cheers,

Giovanni