Re: [Orgmode] Links to tomboy notes in org files

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Links to tomboy notes in org files
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 14:53:17 +0200

On May 10, 2009, at 2:33 PM, address@hidden wrote:

Hi,

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 08:59:16AM +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote:

I have a main gtd.org file and in its top I have a list of other org
files that I have, for example:
* Workout plan - [[workout.org]]
* Nutrition - [[nutrition.org]]

What I would like to do is create a link to a tomboy note. I'm sure it
would be possible somehow, but I have no idea how though. Something
like:

* Check out Blog post draft [[tomboy:"my draft"]]

And C-u C-o on it would open this tomboy note in tomboy.

Any ideas on how this could be implemented?

Is there a command line command that will fire up tomboy and display a
specific note?  The this could be easily done.

$ tomboy --open-note 'MyNote'

Something like the following (untested...)

(require 'org)
(org-add-link-type "tomboy" 'org-tomboy-open)

(defun org-tomboy-open (note)
  (let ((outbuf (get-buffer-create "*Org Shell Output*"))
        (cmd (concat "tomboy --open-note " (shell-quote-argument note) " &")))
    (with-current-buffer outbuf (erase-buffer))
    (shell-command cmd outbuf outbuf)))

HTH

- Carsten