Re: [Orgmode] Re: reloading causes visibility bug requiring restart

From: Peter Westlake
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: reloading causes visibility bug requiring restart
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 15:48:44 +0100

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 15:33:34 -0400, "Bernt Hansen" <address@hidden>
said:
> Do you have org-cycle-include-plain-lists set?  If you turn that off
> does it work as expected?

I have this same bug, and turning off org-cycle-include-plain-lists
does fix it! I thought I had tried everything, but must have missed
this post.

For completeness, here's what I had been about to post:

  The message line says FOLDED, CHILDREN, SUBTREE as it should, but
  the entire top level headline is folded and unfolded as one, with
  text showing even for CHILDREN. Plain lists still work. All
  sub-headlines are treated as text. A list inside a sub-headline
  appears as though the entries were top-level headlines. Motion
  commands still move subtrees correctly. This is Org 6.26trans, as of
  2009-04-30, and the latest emacs-snapshot, 1:20090423. It wasn't
  caused by me trying org-inlinetask, because it happens even without
  that. Outline mode still works properly. Drawers work properly too.

  A completely fresh checkout of org-mode has the same problem.

Thanks for the workaround!

Peter.