Re: [Orgmode] An improvement for a reading of exported HTML tables

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] An improvement for a reading of exported HTML tables
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 14:29:52 +0200

On May 7, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Jan Buchal wrote:

"CD" == Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:

   CD> On May 7, 2009, at 11:38 AM, Jan Buchal wrote:

Hello again,

the problem is little bit complicate :-) I need <th> not in first
row only but by every column which contain the name of row. In
the attachment you can find the example

   CD> That is currently not possible.
And is it possible fix it? From the point of view of accessibility is a
bug.

I would not call it a bug, it is a limitation. Org is not a full HTML table editor, there are many things it cannot do, including column and row spanning, multiline fields, you name it.

For blind who want read the table is very difficult know which
column or row have which meaning.

Of coure I don't know how this works in your environment, but what is wring with reading (listening to) the content of the field in column 1?

See, the problem here is that often in tables, the first column is not a header field, but just an index number or something. While the first lin in a table usually is a header, the first column is not always.

I guess we could have an option to always export the first column as header fields.

- Carsten

Thanks

--

Jan Buchal