Re: [Orgmode] possible to make loading org not make any changes?

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] possible to make loading org not make any changes?
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 12:07:40 -0700

Thanks for considering it.  I didn't know whether it would be
difficult or not.  Obviously if it's too hard it's too hard.

Background:

I was hoping that some bugs I've not been able to track down could be
fixed by making loading side-effect free.   I thought it might help
fix future bugs also.

For example, org-return-follows-link seems to stop working for me
quite frequently, and I suspect that it has something to do with
autoloading or org-reload.  It doesn't seem to matter where in .emacs
it is set.

FWIW my info tree says this:

(elisp)Coding Conventions
===
   * Simply loading the package should not change Emacs's editing
     behavior.  Include a command or commands to enable and disable the
     feature, or to invoke it.
===

It goes on.

Thanks.

--
Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialism is causing death and severe suffering
worse than MS.  Conflicts of interest are destroying science.  Anybody can