Re: [Orgmode] Why not emacs -Q for byte-compiling org-mode in the Makefi

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Why not emacs -Q for byte-compiling org-mode in the Makefile
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:08:50 +0200

On May 4, 2009, at 2:17 PM, David Bremner wrote:

At Sun, 3 May 2009 21:52:05 +0200,
Carsten Dominik wrote:
On May 3, 2009, at 9:29 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote:
is there a specific reason that the Makefile uses emacs -q and not
emacs
-Q for byte-compiling org-mode?

this is a good idea, but -Q is not understood by XEmacs, and I
am not even sure about Emacs 22.

at least for Emacs 22, it works.  XEmacs apparently has
"-no-site-file" as equivalent to "--no-site-init", so it would be
possible to do something similar. Of course then you have switches
depending on Emacs family, and I could see that being too much
trouble.

Yes, I prefer to just keep -q which is compatible. Otherwise the installation instructions will become more complicated.

- Carsten